Firefighters have been tackling a blaze that broke out at the heritage amusement park this morning.
The fire was reported at around 10:40am this morning, with three fire engines arriving at the scene to tackle the blaze.
A disused arcade, which was undergoing renovation for the park’s reopening next month, caught fire as workmen were laying felt on the roof.
Kent Fire and Rescue were able to confirm the blaze was caused by sparks from igniting tinder.
MARGATE: Firefighters have been tackling a fire in the roof of a building under renovation at Dreamland this morning. pic.twitter.com/s8TGwBa0hp
— Kent 999s (@Kent_999s) May 18, 2015
After battling the fire for over 90 minutes, the fire service were able to bring the blaze under control.
Dreamland is notorious for having no luck regarding outbreaks of fires, with have repeatedly disrupted progress on restoring the park for it’s anticipated reopening on Friday 19 June.
In the meantime however, Dreamland have been pulling out all the stops to get the park ready for its big day next month.
The park have begun installing many of the rides and attractions that will occupy the site, whilst also recycling some of the old wood from the Scenic Railway to form new benches and tables.
— A Brooks Art (@abrooksart) May 17, 2015