Ready to put the brain cells to work? It’s the March 2015 puzzle page!
Try this devious crossword to test your knowledge of current affairs. Some of the clues are cryptic!
- 3. Paultons’ 4D Detective star (6): Holmes
- 4. Blood-coloured pointers coming to which beach? (8): Pleasure (Blood-coloured = red; pointers = arrows)
- 8. Very old. A non-wight group of coastal ravines. (9,5): Blackgang Chine (Theme park on the Isle of Wight)
- 10. Sharply cut from the map. (5): Blade
- 11. Creepy Crawly (3): Ant
- 12. Madagascar Penguin Name: (wealthy Spaniard?) (4): Rico (Rico means rich in Spanish)
- 13. Adventure Island is on this Non-Island (8): Southend
- 14. Luck of the Irish: Tayto receiving what coaster type? (6): Wooden
- 1. Not any more, but this big one was ‘what’ Max? (5): Pepsi
- 2. Which Park building maze starring 11 across and 15 down?: Thorpe
- 5. Towers new village (9): Enchanted
- 6. Location of new road lanes being built (one block at a time) (8): Legoland
- 7. A show featuring 12 across is located at which world of adventures? (11): Chessington
- 9. Trees (which?) are useful (for what?) (7): Oakwood
- 15. Partner to 11 across (3): Dec
These past and present coaster names have got all looped and twisted. Can you unscramble them?
|otsAr mStro||Astro Storm|
|Bakcl Heol||Black Hole|
|giB enO||Big One|
|dnrGa atalniNo||Grand National|
Wikipedia has all the latest information on park developments – but that information is useless when words are missing!
Can you fill in the gaps to complete this Wiki entry on the upcoming maze at Thorpe Park?
2) I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!
3) Studio 13 / 2014
4) Three / Bushtucker
5) 11 / Twitter / Facebook
6) Leg ticklers / Bridge