Airgates Attraction News is currently looking for talented writers to maintain the site’s high standard of professionalism.
Following the departure of Airgates’ writer Adam James, we are looking for the perfect candidate to maintain and create news articles covering the UK attractions industry. This may vary from special events coverage to the latest multi-million pound rollercoaster opening in the centre of the country.
For the first time since the website’s launch, we are looking for one new member to join the Airgates team.
What are you looking for?
The ideal candidate holds the following qualities;
- A passion for theme parks and attractions in the UK.
- A high level of literacy, with care taken for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- The ability to integrate easily within our current team.
- Being able to maintain relationships with several marketing/PR teams at major UK attractions.
- The time and effort to help maintain Airgates on a regular basis.
Whilst the role is completely voluntary and unpaid, Airgates Attraction News have built up a substantial reputation as a trusted source of news for the UK attractions industry over two years.
Benefits of the role include attending exclusive press events to aid coverage of the industry and other discounts where applicable. Also, it is great for improving literacy skills and for getting engaged with the enthusiast community!
This role sounds great. What should I do?
In order to help select the best writer for the job, the team have selected a small task to help distinguish each candidate. The role often requires research (without press releases in some cases),so this is a perfect way to reflect this aspect of the role.
- We request a 300-word minimum write-up on ‘The Smiler mobile app‘, which is available on iOS and Android devices on a Microsoft Word attachment, alongside your preliminary application.
Please send this to our website email email@example.com, alongside any reasoning for why you believe you are perfect for the role. The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Friday 8th March 2013.